National Emergency

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Nov 15 18:57:25 PST 1996

At 5:23 PM -0800 11/15/96, Hal Finney wrote:
>Michael Froomkin posted to the cyberia list a pointer to the Clinton
>administration's new export policy.  He has a copy on his web site at:
>I found interesting is that it refers to the fact that we are currently
>living under a state of national emergency!  I searched on the whitehouse
>web site and couldn't find the executive order referred to (maybe it was
>classified) but did find this one:

Use the source, young Hal! While the White House Web site may not have it
online, Alta Vista turns up 113 hits (though not all valid) to it.

Basically, this was one of the alphabet soup of Emergency Orders, National
Security Decision Directives, and Executive Decisions passed or enacted
(sometimes in secrecy) during the last 30 years of the Continuing Emergency.

(Nixon's wage-price freezes, the oil embargo actions, the strategic
reserves, the anti-inflation measures, various Carter emergencies, and
various Reagan emergency orders, including NSDD-145, which directly affects
control of communicaitons, cryptography, etc.)

FEMA, the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency, took over several of these
emergency orders (the running of them) in the late 70s.

Standard stuff for we conspiracy buffs. One doesn't need to invoke
historical groups like the Illuminati to see that the levers of power are
pulled by strange folks.

One of the things that most people don't appreciate is that these emergency
orders are essentially never repealed. (Not too surprising--if I was in
government, I wouldn't voluntarily give back any additional powers, either.
And the only consituency for rolling them back is the membership of the
evil militias, so nothing happens.)

--Tim May

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.