[REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Dave Hayes dave at kachina.jetcafe.org
Thu Nov 14 10:57:49 PST 1996

> Dave Hayes wrote:
> > Igor "Gadzooks" Chudov writes:
> > > So what's the difference between yours and gilmore's position?
> > Simple. I choose whom to invite to my parties. Gilmore provides an
> > open door.
> Providing an open door does not mean that it is always open to everyone,
> Dave. It only means that it is open to all by default, but that policy
> can be reversed for certain individuals. That is not to say that I agree
> with Gilmore's the decision to kick Vulis out from cypherpunks, but John's
> decision was neither dishonorable nor he was acting outside his powers,
> in my opinion.

Technically, John Gilmore did nothing, since Vulis continues to read
and post. Symbolically, he punched holes in his ideology. That's my
opinion.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

 You need not wonder whether you should have a reliable person as a friend.
               An unreliable person is nobody's friend.