Secrecy: My life as a nym. (Was: nym blown?)

Sean Roach roach_s at alph.swosu.edu
Thu Nov 14 07:40:29 PST 1996

At 05:22 PM 11/13/96 GMT, Adam Back wrote:
>Nym sues nym.  I think not.  An alternate view of slander law suits is
>as a way to encourage the use of Nyms.  Certainly the dissenters of
>the unnamed pseudo religious have learnt the value of nyms, remailers
>and so forth.  There are distinct advantages to nyms.
They learned the value all right.  Right up to the time that one of the
founding remailers disclosed thier return addresses to save the rest of the
hard drive.  There are definate advantages to TRULY anonymous remailers too.
Ones where the return address is not stored.  For mailing lists and
newsgroups, where you are going to get conformation on your post when its
relayed to you, why do you need the return address anyway?  Someone inside
the group uses a remailer, just post your comments to the list, that person
will most likely see it there.  I assume that these already exist somewhere.