Money-making ideas for Igor Chudov

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Mon Nov 11 11:39:45 PST 1996

So now we know who's responsible for the "anonymous" spam to this mailing list,
such as the obscene ASCII art and for calling Matt Blaze a "homosexual Jew"...

"Igor 'FUCK MNE HARDER' Chudov @ home" <ichudov at algebra.com> writes:

> manifold::~==>premail -t cypherpunks at toad.com
> Chain: haystack;jam
> Subject: I urgently need a lot of money.
>
> Please share your money-making secrets, I am in a desperate need
> for cash.

A very old scheme, which a lot of Americans still fall for, can be modernized
using anonymous remailers (with a reply block) and anonymous digital cash.

Here's the outline: Igor Chudov posts an article via an anonymous remailer
saying: "Contact this (untraceable) e-mail address to learn how you can make
thousands of digital dollars a week just by sending e-mail." If he distributes
it widely enough, quite a few suckers will send for more information.

Igor will then send each sucker another e-mail giving little information and
requesting, say, $5 in untraceable digital cash for an information packet.

Those suckers who manage to send Igor the $5 get the third e-mail, explaining
how to use the anonymous remailers and untraceable digital cash to sucker
others into paying them $5 for the same information package.

Here's a recent Usenet article describing a similar scheme, using newspaper
ads and snail mail.