Information

C Matthew Curtin cmcurtin at research.megasoft.com
Wed Nov 6 05:23:34 PST 1996

Ed> I'm a new Cyberpunk!  I apologized if this is not the place to
Ed> post this message request.

It isn't.

This is cypherpunks, not cyberpunks.

Ed> I would like to know where to place my Public Key?  Note, I only
Ed> have E-mail access at this time, and not the Net access, but could
Ed> have a friend place the key for me.

http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html

Since you're email only, I'll humor you, and put the entire text of
the instructions to the email interface to the PGP keyserver at the
bottom of my message.

Ed> Last, I would like to know once and for all, is PGP compromised,
Ed> is there a back door, and have we been fooled by NSA to believe
Ed> it's secure?

No.

------------------------- begin instructions -------------------------
Using the E-mail interface to the keyserver

Using the E-mail interface to the keyserver

[ Norwegian: For aa faa dette dokumentet paa norsk, send "HELP NO" til
             pgp-public-keys at keys.no.pgp.net
  German:    Fuer eine deutschsprachige Fassung dieses Textes senden Sie
             eine Mail mit dem Subject "HELP DE" an die folgende Adresse
             pgp-public-keys at keys.de.pgp.net
]

PGP Public Email Keyservers
---------------------------

There are PGP public email key servers which allow one to exchange public
keys running using the Internet and UUCP mail systems.
Those capable of accessing the WWW might prefer to use the WWW interface
available via http://www.pgp.net/pgp/www-key.html and managers of sites
which may want to make frequent lookups may care to copy the full keyring
from the FTP server at ftp.pgp.net:pub/pgp/

This service exists only to help transfer keys between PGP users.
It does NOT attempt to guarantee that a key is a valid key;
use the signatures on a key for that kind of security.

Each keyserver processes requests in the form of mail messages.
The commands for the server are entered on the Subject: line.
Note that they should NOT be included in the body of the message.