[rant] Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Nov 6 03:59:42 PST 1996

At 02:44 PM 11/5/96 -0800, Sean Roach wrote:
>May I remind you that if you want to leave this country, all you have to do
>is board a plane.  Many people have suggested similar things about various
>groups for about two centuries.  The major difference between this list and
>this government is that it is easier to start a new list.

However since governments attempt to maintain a geographical monopoly and
there are a very limited number of them, it is not possible to find another
country you can enter as a matter of right so you may not be able to
escape.  In contrast there are millions of private organizations of various
sorts (corporations, etc) and it is trivial to find one to join if you like.

DCF