Announcement-- Reward for Errors...

Peter Wayner pcw at access.digex.net
Tue Nov 5 11:30:15 PST 1996

At this moment, I'm preparing the second edition of my book
_Digital Cash_. In order to reduce the errors and improve the
book, I'm announcing rewards of $10.00 per technical error to
the first person to report each particular error to me. They
will also receive a personal mention in the thanks given at the
front of the book if they don't want to remain anonymous.

Naturally, I need to limit this offer. All awards are subject to
my whims. Errors in grammar and spelling are not eligible. I
will make the decision of which person is the first to make a
bug report. If something seems more like a feature than a bug, I
may not pay a reward. Also, I am free to decide upon the basic
granularity of the errors. My decision is final, but I hope to
be as inclusive as possible to reward people who take the time
to write. I want to be as generous as my pocketbook allows. If
this works out well, the second edition will sell more books
which will allow me to offer even larger rewards when I prepare
the third edition.

I'm also asking that people forward any suggestions for
additional topics to me. A copy of the table of contents can be
found on my web page
(http://www.access.digex.net/~pcw/pcwpage.html).  If you're a
company or a researcher with an interesting contribution to the
world of digital transactions, please write. I want to be as
inclusive as possible.

My thanks to everyone who takes the time to consider this offer.

The offer is in effect for a limited period of time and may be
withdrawn at any time. See my web page for announcements.

-Peter Wayner
pcw at access.digex.com