Copyright violations

Matthew J. Miszewski mjmiski at execpc.com
Tue Nov 5 08:09:35 PST 1996

>>  American Banker: Thursday, October 31, 1996
>
> Two Retail Giants Sue Visa Over Debit Cards
>
> By LISA FICKENSCHER
>
> Two of the largest retailing companies have filed a lawsuit against Visa
> U.S.A., claiming the bank card association illegally forces merchants to
> accept debit cards.

(major snip)

This is the first step towards repudiation of real electronic cash.
I am not in favor of "forcing" companies to act (BTW, they are not
forced to do anything, they can choose not to accept Visa), but if
Visa will go to bat to support their debit cards, they may be willing
to support ecash the same way.

Matt