just what we #$%^&* needed from big brother....

attila at primenet.com attila at primenet.com
Mon Nov 4 11:38:46 PST 1996

Welcome to 1984+  what else with useless and illegally constituted
bureaucrats add to their total infringement of every facet of our life.

.NEW SYSTEM LINKS LENDERS, IRS

.The Internal Revenue Service is developing an electronic program to link
.mortgage lenders with the IRS, allowing them to exchange e-mail comparing
.stated earnings on the mortgage application with actual tax return
.information for the previous couple of years.  If the cross-check turns up a
.more than $10,000 discrepancy between the earnings claimed on the application
.and those declared for tax purposes, the IRS has the option of pursuing the
.loan applicant via an audit.  IRS has targeted the system at self-employed
.borrowers, who often declare high earnings in order to qualify for a larger
.loan, but lower earnings when it comes to paying taxes.  "Who knows what
.their real incomes are?" asks one mortgage broker.

    (St. Petersburg Times 2 Nov 96 D5 courtesy of Edupage)

--
one of the few things we all share:
  the utter, corrosive contempt for our elected officials.

  Politicians are like diapers.
    They both need changing regularly, and for the same reason.