Censorship on cypherpunks

Ben Weiss lazylion at idiom.com
Mon Nov 4 09:21:28 PST 1996

At 4:54 PM -0700 11/3/96, Will French wrote:
>  Except it's not very effective, is it, since he's still
>posting flames?  In any case, it's an admission on John
>Gilmore's part that libertarianism can't work without some
>measure of authoritarianism; the only argument is over _just how
>much_ authoritarianism we need.

I disagree.

The difference between John's actions and 'authoritarianism' is John
runs this list himself for all of us.  We do not pay him taxes to do it,
we do not have financial interest in the computers he uses to do it and
in the final analysis, he is not beholden to us, nor we - him.

Ben Weiss                          Digital Arts & Sciences Corporation
mailto://Ben@iis.DAScorp.com       (formerly Digital Collections, Inc.)
mailto://lazylion@idiom.com        http://www.DAScorp.com/
WB5QAL/6 (Ham Radio)               (510) 814-7200 x.240 voice

    Apple Partner, Apple Media Partner & Acius 4th Dimension Partner

  What part of 'Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech'
    did you not understand?

Disclaimer:My company doesn't tell me what to say and I don't always say
           stuff with which they agree, but we still get along just fine