'what cypherpunks is about' [RANT]

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Sat Nov 2 23:28:07 PST 1996

Hard Media wrote:
> Message 1/40  From Timothy C. May
> We mine the copper they have no money to mine and pay them with worthless trinkets
> like penicillin, schools, and roads. We are exploiting them. Yep, they are better
> off in a state of natural grace, eating grubs and with a life expectancy of 35.

> I can't believe I'm hearing this. Buddy can you even READ? Have you forgotten that
> the Americas was doing fine until the Europeans got there and "civilised" it?
> Go and read a few books, try  "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" - J Dee  and then try
> "Blackfoot Physics" by F David Peat.

[snippo snippo]

Remember the cute little phrase about London?  "It's lovely at this time of year, if
you like fog", etc.  To paraphrase, "The U.S. is a lovely place to live, if you like
rednecks".  If you like men who drive jacked-up pickup trucks that get 10 miles per
gallon of petrol (cheap at $1/gallon), and who deliberately run over anything that
gets in their way on the road, you'll love us (U.S.).

You certainly can't argue that our leaders aren't gentlemen (hee hee); after all,
my near-term ancestors, led by Gen. W.T. "Burn 'em" Sherman, were committed to total
genocide of the South to "win" their "civil" war by any means necessary.

Following similar logic was Teddy Roosevelt, then the mad fire-bombers of World War 2,
capped by the ultimate terrorist fire-bombing of all at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, then
by immense fire-bombing of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, etc., followed by prodigious fire-
bombing of Iraq and a deliberate fire-bombing and massacre of retreating troops at the
end of the "Gulf War".  Fighting the U.S. can be literal Hell!

And lest anyone try to stop these fascist coward bullies, look at the Zapruder film
for the result.  Eyewitnesses said the president's head shot sounded like a melon
thrown against a brick wall.  Splat!  "Oswald" did it with a Carcano?  Yeah, sure.

Quick, how many times have you heard this pro-interference argument?  The pro- people
will even show "proof" that the "savages" (it actually says this in the United States
Declaration of Independence) were as mean to each other as the invaders were to them.
What they fail to say, however, is that the "meanness" in such things as human sacrifice
and so forth were imported to native cultures by "god-like" superiors who descended on
the locals to "help" them to the next level of technology and hero-worship.  Fooey!