Unix User Password File Encryption

Erp erp at digiforest.com
Sat Nov 2 12:35:53 PST 1996

**what I said deleted**

> There aren't any known patterns that can be exploited.  The output of DES
> encryption 25 times generates pseudo-random output.  If a pattern did exist,
> cryptanalysis of DES would be very easy.
>
> Mark

But But But *laugh* ---  Ok, here is my only straw in this lousy bushel of
confusion >) ---  What about a Fuzzy Pattern?  ----  Ya I know, that is a
pretty big staw...  The thought of it is fuzzy, let alone a fuzzy pattern.

I've done a lot of reading on Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic in general..  I
see how it could work 'maybe' But, yes it is a very indefinite field..  To
many people don't believe in its possible existance...
Ok --  Any replys would be nice thanks bye.