anonymous oddsman

John Anonymous MacDonald nobody at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Nov 2 10:00:25 PST 1996

Ladbroke's (celebrating Halloween, probably) again offers
50:1 odds on Perot! Clinton and Browne are still not being
offered. Recalling last Saturday's Dole odds; they were
7:1 at Ladbroke's, and 8:1 at William Hill. The betters at
Ladbroke's (who get a somewhat worse deal, it seems) are
bullish on Dole, while those at William Hill are now a bit
more bearish on the old man, so the numbers diverge in the
final stretch of the horserace.

              Prices @ 09:21 GMT Sat 2nd Nov 96
        +---------+----------------+----------------+
        |         |  Ladbroke's    | William Hill   |
        +---------+----------------+----------------+
        | Clinton | Not currently offered by either |
        | Dole    |     6:1        |     10:1       |
        | Perot   | 50:1 (again)   |    500:1 (!)   |
        | Browne  | Not currently offered by either |
        +---------+----------------+----------------+
        | Phone   | +44-800-524524 | +44-800-444040 |
        | Numbers:|                |                |
        +---------+----------------+----------------+

As for the animal suspected of *really* running the U.S.A,
"Socks" appears to be successfully defending his territory
against "Leader." Full of confidence, she is now running
virtual tours of the White House, kids!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/WH/kids/html/home.html

Meanwhile "Leader" whimpers at

http://www.firstdog.com/

(Wow, his own domain!) Perot (obviously) needs no pet, and
the oddsman is unaware of any public photos of Libertarian
candidate Browne's cats, much less their names. A serious
campaign.

Our roving reporter in the UK also thinks that there *must*
be significance in the fact that our Presidential election
is being held on the anniversary of the day that Guy Fawkes
attempted to blow up his Houses of Parliament, together
with all the politicians within. He, as usual, will celebrate
the event with bonfires and fireworks.

Mailmasher.com appears to be down, apologies to any of you
who wished to correspond personally with the oddsman there.
Hopefully, oddsman at mailmasher.com will come back soon.
anonymous oddsman

"Demeaning the integrity of the U.S. Presidential election process
for you on a regular basis, at no charge."