'what cypherpunks is about'

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Nov 1 01:28:49 PST 1996

At 1:30 AM -0600 11/1/96, snow wrote:
>Mr. Hassen wrote:
>> But remember people are NOT sheep and nothing
>> lasts forever.
>
>     Yes, they are, and death does.
>
>     Loans to third world counties are made (obstensively) to help industry
>and farming to be developed, and to improve the conditions of the people. It
>rarely works that way, and I think it is a wasted effort, but it is better
>than nothing.

We mine the copper they have no money to mine and pay them with worthless
trinkets like penicillin, schools, and roads.

We are exploiting them.

Yep, they are better off in a state of natural grace, eating grubs and with
a life expectancy of 35.

--Tim May

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.