Possible out-of-US remailer sites, 2nd edition

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 31 04:24:48 PDT 1996

>_Country/Area_  _Name_                           _Email_
>Anguilla        Cable & Wireless                 webmaster at candw.com.ai
>Anguilla	Offshore Information Services***  info at offshore.com.ai

Cool list - thanks!  Cable & Wireless, by the way, is a major carrier
in a number of places in the world, so it may have to tolerate
government regulations more than a small or non-telecom business would.
On the other hand, when I've done traceroutes to Vince's machine,
they went through C&W, so if there were really major pressure on C&W,
they might end up having to cut of Vince and other small remailers anyway.

There are a number of small countries that aren't part of the
US/European/Chinese/Singaporean Hegemonies, where telecom is expensive and
Fidonets and uucp are the way to get email there.  If you're willing to
pay some money to support one, you might get some real anonymity
for financially critical data.  Also, there are periodic articles
in magazines like Wired about how George Soros is wiring the Balkans;
perhaps someone there would like to make some money running remailers.
There was one in Slovenia for a while, though I don't know if it was
physically there or only had a .si domain.
#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215
# goodtimes signature virus innoculation