Science on Schrodinger's Cat

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed May 29 23:15:27 PDT 1996

   We've filed at our Web site two May 24 Science articles on
   the NIST team's research on quantum superposition, reported
   by the NYT yesterday (keyed ONE_two):

   A Research News article on the research by Gary Taubes,

      "Schizophrenic Atom Doubles As Schrodinger's Cat -- or
      Kitten."

   And, the Research Article:

      "A 'Schrodinger's Cat' Superposition State of an Atom."

      C. Monroe, D. M. Meekhof, B. E. King, D. J. Wineland.

   Due to the heavy use of equations and figures, the material
   is imaged in JPEG (compressed) format -- 150 resolution and
   enlarged a bit for readability, so the files are fairly
   large:

   The news article:

      http://pwp.usa.pipeline.com/~jya/scat0.jpg  (234 kb)

   The research article: