Noise, was The Anti-Briefing...

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Mon May 27 19:59:28 PDT 1996

At 04:08 PM 5/27/96 -0400, L. Jean Camp wrote:
> Five kids a day die from violence from the hands of their parents.

Not so:  I believe this figure is "parent or guardian".  Nearly all
kids are killed by stepfathers, and some by step mothers.  Murders of
children by their natural parents are extraordinarily rare.

A stepfather or stepmother has even more incentive, and
considerably more opportunity, to murder her spouses children
than she has to murder her spouses lover.

> The
> infant mortality rate in DC is twice what it is in Havana.

Nobody, least of all Castro, knows what the infant mortality
rate in Cuba is, since in Cuba, truth is a crime.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com