The Anti-Briefing...

L. Jean Camp lc2m+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon May 27 16:57:59 PDT 1996

Excerpts from espam: 24-May-96 Re: The Anti-Briefing... by
e$pam at intertrader.com
> We can all think of repressive steps which undeniably will save the lives
>  of some children, babies, old people, mothers, etc.
>
>  Banning alcohol, banning smoking, banning sex outside of marriage....

I would like to point out that these things will almost certainly not
save the lives of mothers and babies and were sure as fuck not intented
to protect women & children.  Clue in, in places where all sex outside
marraige is illegal being a victim of rape is a crime.  It is rapist
protection.   The banning of alcohol was used to remove children from
the homes of 'unfit' immigrant families.  It was about 'culture wars' &
racial purity.  Drug test are proposed to refuse people benefits (sorry
your mom's a pothead kid -- so now your going to be HOMELESS!)  Then
when this kind of propaganda works, women end up fighting idiots who buy
_into_ the idea that _we_ caused the problem and thereby preventing more
effective action.

You do not need to vomit DoD crap about children.  You aren't helping
anyone but the DoD. Get a half a clue -- if they wanted to protect
children they could support funds for housing, food, and health care for
families.

Five kids a day die from violence from the hands of their parents.  The
infant mortality rate in DC is twice what it is in Havana. I'm sure
those kids are really happy that they do not have to worry about
cryptography or seeing naked people on the  Internet.  Yeah, these are
the important issue today for America's children -- NOT.

I hope that you do not seriously buy that crap about prohibition of
crypto (or porn or pot, etc) being about "protecting children."  All
that line does is separate otherwise effective advocates of freedom - -
if you're bitching about women & children you're not fighting the NSA
and it will keep you from working effectively with anyone in the
categories
>old people, mothers, etc..
and other not entirely trivial political groups.

Jean