Truth can sometimes be harmful...(talk.cpunks.truth)

blanc blancw at accessone.com
Fri May 24 22:02:41 PDT 1996

From: 	Sandy Sandfort

This is the most concise and logical response yet, to my
suggested answer of "Truth" to Bell's question.  Blanc has
masterfully shown why that dog won't hunt.

Thanks for the compliment, Sandy.

I understood what you meant.   I appreciate the general nature of truth, in spite of the possibilities for misinterpretations of or prevarications from it.

Jim, a quote for you:

	"We are able to act at all - that is to say, we have the power
	to order our conduct in such a way that the ends we desire
	can be attained - only because the phenomena of the world
	are governed not by arbitrariness, but by laws that we have
	the capacity to know something about.  If it were otherwise,
	we should be completely at the mercy of forces that we should
	be unable to understand."
				~ Human Action, Ludwig Von Mises

Substitute the word "truth" for "laws" and it makes equal sense.  We would be at the mercy of forces that we could not control, if our perceptions and interpretations could not correspond to the actual, the real, the truth.

(and anyway, what does God have to do with crypto?
Never mind....)

     ..
Blanc