Runtime info flow in Java

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Fri May 24 15:37:41 PDT 1996

At 20:06 5/23/96, Norman Hardy wrote:

>I am interested in your paper because you define the problem as we do.
>There are some who think that capability architectures are the solution.
>There is little information on how to solve these problems with
>capabilities. I am trying to find time to address some of these issues.

I walked away from your presentation of KeyKOS with the impression that a
capability system to be secure it would have to be implemented at the OS
level.
Can you build a such a system on top of an insecure OS, as Java would have
to do?

TIA,

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.