Attacks on remailers

herodotus at alpha.c2.org herodotus at alpha.c2.org
Thu May 23 23:03:24 PDT 1996

The current discussion on the future of remailers seems to have been
ignited by two events: the closure of the Hacktic remailer and the FBI's
contacting an operator about a threatening message sent through his
remailer.  We have, however, almost no actual information about the
two incidents, especially the type of threats, if any, made against the
operators of the two remailers.

This lack of information makes it difficult for others interested in
remailers to make informed decisions about their future.  We need
more specific information about these two incidents.

--
Herodotus <herodotus at alpha.c2.org>