FTC online workshop on privacy

Declan B. McCullagh declan+ at CMU.EDU
Wed May 22 17:49:27 PDT 1996

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 22-May-96 Re: FTC online workshop on
.. by Declan McCullagh at CMU.EDU
> The legislation being introduced at 10:30 am will restrict selling
> mailing lists with childrens' names and other identifying info on them,
> including email lists. Another attempt to regulate the net, or a good
> thing?

Whoops. I should have said the press conference happened at 10:30 am.
The bill will be introduced in both houses later this  week.

Interesting press conference. Enough is Enough! took quite a bit of time
to rant about the dangers of the Internet. Pedophiles, chat rooms,
illegal pornography.

You get the idea.

Did you know May 20-26 is "Safe Cyber Week?"

-Declan