New Remailer (hidden)

middle-man-admin at alpha.c2.org middle-man-admin at alpha.c2.org
Mon May 20 02:25:02 PDT 1996

NOTICE:

	A new type of remailer has just gone into business! It's
called a "hidden remailer-in-the-middle". The address is
middle-man at alpha.c2.org. This new type of remailer uses a combination
of Lance Cottrell's Mixmaster remailer and Raph Levien's premail
program.

Advantages:

*	The remailer is completely hidden. Attempting to discover the
actual identity of the remailer site is virtually impossible.

*	The remailer uses both Type-I and Type-II remailer technology
for handling remailer traffic.

*	Random remailer chains are selected separately for every
outgoing message.

*	The remailer is designed to answer to a chained nym.

*	All Mixmaster administrative commands are also chained through
multiple remailers. (i.e. remailer-help, remailer-key)

How it works:

	The actual address of the remailer is hidden behind a chained
nym. The plan is for the reply-block for middle-man to change
approximately every 48-72 hours. This will be transparent to the net
but will help to foil traffic analysis. The new remailer operates
under a modified Mixmaster. The code has been modified so that
outgoing messages are passed to premail to allow padding of extra
remailer chains. Each outgoing message will have two type-I remailers
randomly padded to the end of the chain based on the current status od
Raph Levien's remailer reliability list.

	If you have any questions or would like more information,
please contact middle-man-admin at alpha.c2.org.

			middle-man-admin at alpha.c2.org