Remailers vs Nyms - conflicting assumptions?

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 19 23:42:45 PDT 1996

>Refreshing deals with the long-term problem, but not with the short-term
>one. Maybe I need to settle for a higher level of mail loss than I'm
>comfortable with, but precisely because I'm not comfortable with it, I do
>remain interested in alternatives.

The alternative is constant monitoring, though of course this risks
traffic analysis.  If you ping yourself daily, using some random-path
random-delay chain of encrypted remailers, then you can tell if
your nym still works.  To reduce traffic analysis, the remailer system
needs lots of remailers and lots of cover traffic, and you need to use
the remailers a lot so your mail to them doesn't look regularly scheduled.

#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215
# goodtimes signature virus innoculation