Past one terabit/second on fiber

Alan Horowitz alanh at infi.net
Sat May 18 12:57:03 PDT 1996

> >Now that's progress, don't you think?
>
> Yes, I do!  Because these activities don't just happen by themselves, they
> take the place of other activities which were formerly done in their place.
> The trivial example of sending letters has been replaced by email.

   E-mail is cool. E-mail is lovely. I use it enthusiatically.   It is
not the same thing as sitting down with a fountain pen and and some fine
stationary. I feel sorry for your significant other if your loveletters
go by e-mail.

Yes, let's get people away from reading books. Hey, there's computer
games to play, burn that library down, will you?

Quantity of life is not the same as quality of life.