The Crisis with Remailers

Ed Carp erc at dal1820.computek.net
Sat May 18 06:35:40 PDT 1996

> A much richer ecology of remailers is sorely needed. A factor of at least
> 10 or 20 more (100-300 remailer sites), less reliance on specific sites, an
> "everyone a remailer" capability (which has many elegant advantages!), more
> traffic, temporarily instantiated sites, digital postage, greater ease of
> use (especially with crypto and chaining), and such things as nominal
> terminal remailers choosing to add their own hops (so as to lessen their
> own target potential). Having some of these improvements will be a big
> help.

I think it would help tremendously if elm or pine were hacked to allow for
remailing.  Even better would be some sort of dynamic remailer addressing
- sendmail certainly doesn't allow for this capability. :( I think we need
something similar to dynamic routing for remailers.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring