Why does the state still stand:

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Sat May 18 05:36:58 PDT 1996

At 10:09 AM 5/16/96 +0200, bryce at digicash.com wrote:

> The entity calling itself jim bell <jimbell at pacifier.com>
> is alleged to have written:
>>
>> But what I'm looking for is full payee/payor anonymity.  (three guesses as
>> to why...)   Can you do this?  If not, why not?
>

>Let me get this straight.  You are asking for full payee/payor
>anonymity so that you can institute a program of anonymous
>assassination contracts, right?

It's not just for me.  I seem to recall a comment around here (Tim May,
perhaps?) who said that when he first read of digital cash in the late
1980's, the feature of payee anonymity was present, and that he was
surprised later to see early implementations not containing this.

Deal with the devil?

Any "complete" digital cash implementation has to provide for payee anonymity.

Jim Bell
jimbell at pacifier.com