Why does the state still stand:

E. ALLEN SMITH EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Fri May 17 19:39:41 PDT 1996

From:	IN%"frantz at netcom.com" 15-MAY-1996 22:39:50.97

>You could require daily payment and forgo the escrow agent.  (Assuming you
>are willing to risk a day's pay as an experiment in reputation.)  Note that

	This could work for fixed payments. But what about things like
profit-sharing?

>What may be a problem for such a company is a social problem.  All the
>creative groups I have worked with have had close personal relations.
>(Although they have not had wide agreement on significant non-work
>subjects!)  I don't know if good, creative, group-produced products can be
>built without such a relationship.  Does anyone know of an example of such
>a product from an "anonymous" environment?

	No, but you might want to take a look at some psychiatrists & clinical
psychologists who are doing some work over the Net, including anonymnity. It's
discussed in the most recent or next-most-recent US News & World Report; I'll
try to remember to bring my copy in to give the URLs mentioned. I did spot that
they could use some boosts on the anonymnity and privacy side - they weren't
using encryption, and the payments were via credit card. Someone from Mark
Twain or Digicash contacting them would appear to be a good idea, as well as
someone encouraging them to use Mixmaster-type anonymous remailers; I'd prefer
if someone with more experience than I sent them an email about it.
	-Allen