(Fwd) New Anonymous Remailer

Robin Powell rpowell at algorithmics.com
Wed May 15 22:42:26 PDT 1996

Allow me to be the first ( I hope) to point out stupidity:

				 ^^^^^^^

Do we se a problem here?  No? Then read on...

    > You may be familiar with anon.penet.fi, which give you an
    > anonymous account.

    > Our service allows YOU to choose what the return address will be!

    > Please write for more info.

Well, well, well.  Let's see:
Yes, we are familiar with anon.penet.fi... And all of the better
options available.
Yes, we have pseudonymous accounts.
No, we will not write for more info.  Why not?  Gee, maybe because you
are posting to a group that advocates strong privacy, something that
the US gov't has always frowned upon?  Maybe because you're asking us
to respond to a .mil site with an obviously contrived address?  Are
.mil sites not US military?  I think so.

Where do some people get off?

-Robin
PS: If .mil sites are, in fact, some country code, please ignore this
message and do not propogate the thread.  If you feel you must flame,
send it to me directly.