found nym-differentiation! Still need perpetual motion, FTL travel, coldfusion

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Sun May 12 03:59:49 PDT 1996

At 19:02 5/11/96, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>I doubt that will work even were it implemented. Every phone on the
>planet and terminal would need to constantly do biometric analysis of
>every user, and even then people could program their terminals to lie.

Telling your terminal to lie will be rather difficult once the CPU refuses
to run an OS with out propper signatures. The OS in turn won't run
applications without such signatures. All commercial software has to
undergo code review by CAs. Your machine won't even run anything but
approved software. Should you think about keeping an old machine around
that does, my advice would be: don't. At least not unless you are willing
to face the ten years prison term mandatory for such a computer crime.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.