PGP, Inc.

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Fri May 10 14:49:43 PDT 1996

At 23:10 5/9/96, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

>        The first level, in other words, is less of a certification than a PGP
>key with self-signature and signature from one other person. It doesn't have
>_any_ effort to verify that the email address stated on it is the actual email
>address of that nym. Or am I misinterpreting you?

I was on a panel with a representative from VeriSign at Interop in Las
Vegas. He said that uniqueness was the only requirement for the first level
of cert. I don't have any information beyond that.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.