Remailer in a box

E. ALLEN SMITH EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Fri May 10 11:33:29 PDT 1996

From:	IN%"loki at obscura.com"  "Lance Cottrell"  9-MAY-1996 18:58:23.21

On Thu, 9 May 1996, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:

>> 	After taking a look at www.cyberpass.net, I can see why you're
>> encoraging people to use it - about like Sameer encouraging people to use
>> c2.org.

>Guilty

	No problem. Modesty is an overrated virtue.

>I am not pushing the anonymous accounts until my laywer finishes the user
>agreement for them. It is a bit of a tricky document (Sameer, want a copy
>when it is done?). The whole site is days away from a complete redesign,
>so I am not putting much effort into the current interface. Thanks for
>the suggestions though.

	I suspect that the legal types on cypherpunks would be interested in
seeing it. Quite welcome on the suggestions.

>The >= 18 condition is to cover my butt. Since minors can not be parties
>to contracts, I have no protection with them as clients. I am only a
>provider for adults, and they take full responsibility for any children
>allowed to use the connection. Fuck the CDA, but keep an eye on its claws.

	I see your difficulty. It is an additional one with respect to
anonymous accounts. Hmm... you could put the burden on other ISPs by only
having anonymous accounts via telnet access - and not accepting such from
k12.edu domains. Bit of a limit, though.
	-Allen