Internet telephony report

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Mon May 6 23:23:46 PDT 1996

At 12:58 PM 5/6/96 -0400, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>        While they _probably_ aren't going to start trying to charge for
>Internet phone service, the FCC still thinks it should be able to regulate
>the Internet - with the egalitarian excuse of equal access as among the
>reasons. Hmph... bureaucracy.

Well, now we know where they are going to levy the taxes when most commerce
goes on the net.  They'll hit up the guys with lots of cable/fiber etc.
:-)

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA