Security Solutions at USENIX SECURITY Symposium

Cynthia Deno cynthia at usenix.org
Mon May 6 21:46:57 PDT 1996

                6th UNIX Security Symposium
        Focusing on Applications of Cryptography
                     July 22-25, 1996
                Fairmont Hotel, San Jose, California

Sponsored by the USENIX Association, the UNIX and Advanced
Computing Systems Professional and Technical Association
Co-sponsored by UniForum
In cooperation with: The Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) and IFIP WG
11.4

The Symposium is offering day-long tutorials, refereed papers, panel
presentations, invited talks, a vendor display, and Birds-of-a-Feather sessions.
Practical solutions, especially cryptographic approaches, to UNIX security will
be described, dissected, and expanded.  Ron Rivest of MIT delivers the Keynote
Address to kick off the intensive Technical Sessions.  New research on public
key issues, electronic commerce, safe working areas, and secure communication
will be examined in 21 peer-reviewed technical presentations.  UniForum is
sponsoring panel discussions on Security and Privacy; Electronic Commerce,
Cryptography Infrastructure, and Cryptography and the Law.  There will also be
sessions on the latest version of PGP, Internet Firewalls, and the C2Net Privacy
model.  Tutorial topics include:  Implementing Cryptography; World Wide Web and
Internet Security; A Comparison of UNIX Security Tools; and Security for
Software Developers.

Three new features have been added this year.  An informal Vendor Display will
allow hands-on demonstration of security products.  (Vendors may call Cynthia
Deno at 408 335 9445 or email to display at usenix.org.)  USENIX is sponsoring a
secure Internet connection in the Terminal Room.  And, USENIX members will be
able to sign up for the PGP Key Signing Service.

For the complete program and registration materials, visit our Web site:
http://www.usenix.org; send email to: info at usenix.org (your message should
contain the line "send security conference"); or contact the USENIX Conference
office at 714 588 8649.

| Cynthia Deno            |

| Tel: 408 335 9445    |                           USENIX

| Fax: 408 335 5327   |  The UNIX and Advanced Computing Systems |
| cynthia at USENIX.org |       Technical and Professional Association     |
| Check out USENIX on the Net..........http://www.USENIX.org              |