WWW proxies?

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Mon May 6 19:49:16 PDT 1996

At 11:31 5/6/96, sameer wrote:
>> site, the commercial value of the information that could be gained by
>> logging traffic at the site is tremendous.
>
>        The commercial value of being honest is greater.

In your evaluation, perhaps. In the mind of every web proxy site? Doubtful.

In fact, a former client of mine seriously considered offering an
"anonymous" web proxy for the sole reason to be able to capture the traffic
stats.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.