Why I Pay Too Much in Taxes

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Mon May 6 02:55:00 PDT 1996

At 21:48 5/5/96, Alan Horowitz wrote:
><< " I paid approximately 60%...." >>
>

>didn't the feudal vassels only pay 33% ?      To paraphrase - I forget
>which Presidential candidate of yore - "are you better off than you were
>a thousand years ago?"
>
>ANd that's not even counting the interest you pay on your mortgage. Count
>that, and the vassels were head and shoulders above Californians.

Generally, the feudal subjects paid the Tithe. Yes, Robin Hood and his men
fought the evil Sheriff of Nottingham for his crushing 10% tax. :-)

[My last post in this off-topic thread.]

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.