A MODEST PROPOSAL (fwd)

Julian Assange proff at suburbia.net
Sun May 5 06:40:09 PDT 1996

> At 08:05 PM 5/4/96 EDT, "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH at mbcl.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> >	The reason I say majordomo is broken is that it shows up
> > with the address of the original sender, not the address of the list,
> > as the From address. Other mailing list software does not do this.

Majordomo is good for small lists. For anything larger, its lack of heuristics
makes it a real liability. I've converted all my lists over to SmartMail
(with some minor changes to the SmartMail code). If anyone wants a copy let
me know.

--
"I mean, after all;  you have to consider we're only made out of dust.  That's
 admittedly not  much  to  go  on  and  we  shouldn't  forget  that.  But even