PGP, Inc.

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Sun May 5 01:25:51 PDT 1996

(I've been missing some e-mail, for various reasons, including a 20 MB
mailbomb from some German critic of my views, but I think I would've seen
this discussed more than I have.)

Phil Zimmermann is apparently forming a Bay Area company, to be known as
PGP Inc., with venture funding from one of the Seybold clan, according to
an article by Simson Garfinkel in today's SJMN. (Which says the
announcement was actually made last Tuesday....)

Jonathan Seybold, Dan Lynch (a founder of Cybercash), Tom Steding
(ex-Novell) are some of the names involved. Initial products will include
PGP and PGPfone.

No mention of programmers, jobs available, etc., except that they "will
begin hiring shortly."

And the connection with ViaCrypt and RSADSI seems unclear to me.

Anybody else have any more information?

If this whole thing is a spoof, it made it into the SJMN.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!