CryptoAnarchy: What's wrong with this picture?

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Sat May 4 19:40:49 PDT 1996

On Sat, 4 May 1996, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> 	From unicorn at schloss.li Fri May  3 23:23:21 1996
>
> 	Accounting costs as a result of a deduction based,
> 	multi-tiered, progressive, and supplimented system of income
> 	taxation are silly.
>
> By the way, the IRS (in spite of it's shortcomings) is (by far) the
> most efficient tax collecting organization among the major economic
> powers.  It costs roughly $0.50 per $100 collected.  Canada is second
> at about $1, Germany (for instance) is at about $7, mostly because they
> don't have payroll deductions.

An organization that is efficent at enforcing a immensely complex set of
regulations incomprehensible to joe sixpack is not a good thing.

Recall also that the IRS enforces the rules and intrepretations that it
predominately creates.

Our discussion is about the costs born by the citizen, I don't much care
how much the IRS is getting paid for its services.

> /jordan

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn at schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell at pacifier.com