CryptoAnarchy: What's wrong with this picture?

Moltar Ramone jlasser at rwd.goucher.edu
Sat May 4 18:46:37 PDT 1996

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> >There are many books on the shelves claiming to show how to avoid
> >taxes using these techniques.  Most of them have the smell of
> >"dangerous crackpot" about them.  Can you recommend any in particular?
>
> 1)  Read as wide a variety of the stuff out there you can
>     (even the books by "dangerous crackpots").
> 2)  Take a vacation to a tax haven you like because of what
>     you've read about it.
> 3)  Open a bank account with an established bank.
> 4)  Ask your banker to recommend a trustworthy lawyer.
> 5)  Tell the lawyer what you want to accomplish and do
>     what he or she says, if it makes sense to you.
> 6)  DON'T talk to anyone else--especially in your home
>     country--about what you have done, are doing or
>     are planning to do.
> 7)  As your resources increase, repeat steps 2-5 in
>     other tax havens.  Don't put all your eggs in one
>     basket if you have enough to spread around.
>
> 8)  Send me $1000.  If you follow my steps 1-7, you will
>     save many times that amount.

There's the rub... step 8 violates step 6. If following your directions
indicates a moral obligation to pay, doing so would violate your
directives and make one _not_ obligated to pay... :-)

Jon Lasser
Jon Lasser (410)494-3072                         - Obscenity  is a crutch  for
jlasser at rwd.goucher.edu                            inarticulate motherfuckers.
http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
Finger for PGP key (1024/EC001E4D)               - Fuck the CDA.