Why I dislike Java. (was Re: "Scruffies" vs. "Neats")

E. ALLEN SMITH EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Sat May 4 02:55:44 PDT 1996

From:	IN%"perry at piermont.com"  3-MAY-1996 16:49:35.61

>The users can't afford not to have the numbers they are watching not
>in front of them, even for brief periods. Its a real problem.

	Hmm.... has anyone ever created a specialized computer (or computer
running a specialized program) that would put multiple screens on the same
screen, perhaps with some GUI manipulation capabilities? If they're trying to
read Netscape material while watching the other numbers, they're then in the
exact same situation from their viewpoint.

>And yes, this isn't a joke. They all eat lunch on the trading floor so
>they don't have to leave their desks. They race back and forth to the
>bathroom. The environment is tough.

	I should have remembered this from reading Liar's Poker; thank you.
(One wonders if any of them will start using catheters...)
	-Allen