Why I dislike Java. (was Re: "Scruffies" vs. "Neats")

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri May 3 22:57:16 PDT 1996

"E. ALLEN SMITH" writes:
> From:	IN%"perry at piermont.com"  3-MAY-1996 16:14:04.28
>
> >Money is not a problem, but space is. There is never any room on a
> >trading floor. Space is at an amazing premium.
>
> Would switchable monitors, mice, and keyboards be a possible solution
> (with placement of the CPUs in another location), or are your users too
> permanently technically incompetent?

The users can't afford not to have the numbers they are watching not
in front of them, even for brief periods. Its a real problem.

And yes, this isn't a joke. They all eat lunch on the trading floor so
they don't have to leave their desks. They race back and forth to the
bathroom. The environment is tough.

.pm