Sun's Wallet

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Fri May 3 03:52:54 PDT 1996

At 11:18 5/2/96, Steven L Baur wrote:
>> Sydney, Australia, April 30 -- SunSoft will shortly
>> release a workable cash-on-the-Internet program called
>> Wallet
>
>> Once issued, the Digital ID can
>> be used within any enabled application such as Netscape
>> Navigator Internet client software and Netscape
>> SuiteSpot.
>
>Will it be supported by ApacheSSL?

The Java Wallet is supposed to work with any Java enabled browser. The
wallet takes care of moving all the data even through firewalls, so I would
assume it just piggy-backs on http. Note that anyone can create a Wallet
"cassette" for their own present of future payment system. In order for the
cassette to work with the wallet, it needs to be signed by Java Soft. Java
Soft will charge for the sigs. Last I heard, the exact fee was still
undecided.

Disclaimer: My opinions are my own, not those of my employer.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.