Fire and Forget

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Wed May 1 23:37:02 PDT 1996

At 7:26 PM 5/1/96, Black Unicorn wrote:
>On Wed, 1 May 1996, Steven Weller wrote:
>
>> >Jim Ray wrote
>>
>> I haven't bothered reading this particular thread up until now, but in my
>> opinion, based on this drivel, you're getting dangerously close to being
>> certified officially by the Cabal as an ignorant kook.
>>
>> >Nor does freedom increase through less laws or no laws.
>>
>> Of course it does. However, to maintain community resposibility must also
>> increase.
>

>Watch your attributation, Jim Ray did not write this.

What!!!!

Now you tell me, after I spent all that money on a "fire and forget" contract!

Well, Jim, all I can say is keep your head down. Sorry!

(Seriously, I knew the "Jim Ray wrote" must've been a misattribution, as
that is not the kind of stuff Jim writes.)

(Oh, and the "fire and forget" contract assassins were well-described by
William Gibson in, I believe, "Count Zero.")

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!