no-cost DH?

Wei Dai weidai at eskimo.com
Wed May 1 03:40:40 PDT 1996

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Ted Garrett wrote:

> Sorry, Perry.  This time you are wrong.  Cylink is giving away their
> Passport Gold SDK (Security Development Kit).  Period.  I've just recieved
> the documentation on the SDK itself, and am expecting shipment of the SDK
> itself about the middle of May.

I found some more information about this on Cylink's web site.  Check out
http://www.cylink.com/products/security/passport/.  I'm surprised not to
have seen more publicity about this, since it seems to be a fairly big
move on Cylink's part.

Apparently Cylink is only licensing their SDK at no cost, not the actual
patents.  Does anyone want to speculate on why they are doing this now?

Wei Dai