Witch Hunts

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Sun Mar 31 23:38:09 PST 1996

Bruce Zambini wrote:

>It is also worth noting that the original Detweiller, in a sense, played
>De Sade to Tim May's Rousseau, in that he used an unorthodox, but
>effective, critical technique. (This is, in fact, one reading of De

I don't buy this. If you consult the archives, circa the fall of 1993,
you'll find that while Detweiler/S.Boxx/etc. repeatedly begged me to engage
him in debate, I declined.

So, what was the "effective" part? I thought his insults, rants, forgeries,
screams, shouts, and general gibbering detracted from his real points, such
as they were.

I'm beginning to think there must be a personality type or behavioral
pattern at work here. Others in recent months have also had their ideas
buried in a stream of insults, rants, and CAPITAL LETTERS! The pattern
seems to be the same, though I doubt any of them are Detweiler.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!