Crypto CD UpDate

JR at ns.cnb.uam.es JR at ns.cnb.uam.es
Sun Mar 31 14:00:25 PST 1996

>> 	Hey, I just got Appl. Crypt. 2nd Ed. yesterday. Meanwhile with
>> the 1st Ed. and the code I had in my CDs I could very well manage with
>> most things, protocols, algorithms... Of course, the version of Crypto++
>> I have there is outdated now, but the algorithms are still valid, and
>> I still have much more algorithms there than the current version has, and
>> I can always plug in or adapt a new one should I need to.
>
>Would you like to suggest some of your favorite algorithms not in the
>current version of Crypto++ for inclusion in the next version?
>
>Wei Dai

	Point taken. Well, as it is now, it is good enough for my
current needs. And it's a great work you've done.

	What I was referring to instead was actually what I don't
want or expect in a "good" library: simple, extraneous, old, maybe
breakable algorithms, things no longer useful... they make a great
material for studying and learning, and sometimes to demonstrate
some colleagues how simple some approaches are. These materials,
that I wouldn't use in a decent application are still usefull for
me from time to time, and are nice to have at hand.

	Personally, I would prefer some algorithms not to be in
Crypto++ less someone use them confident that if they are there,
they must necessarily be good, although they might be useful for
learning purposes.

	Nevertheless, as soon as I find something I think interesting
to add, I'll let you know, or even contribute it myself.

	And thanks again for this fine piece of code!

				jr