New crypto bill to be introduced

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Sat Mar 30 18:58:28 PST 1996

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:

> * Why would Jim Bell post anonymously? He writes:
>
> > That is a silly conclusion.  The primary reason for anonymity with such
> > postings is to avoid controversy being associated with one's name.  I, as
>
> No, the primary reason for anonymity is to avoid being *associated* with
> one's name. I know this may be attributing an undeserved sense of
> precedence, but perhaps Jim Bell has realized that his opinions are
> discarded out-of-hand by many on this list, so he posts anonymously to
> regain some credibility. A message from anonymous would also work nicely
> to reinforce his own position, allowing Jim Bell to claim additional
> allies.

It is a measure of desperation when resorting to completely anonymous
postings creates an >increase< in reputation capital.

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn at schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information