Crypto CD UpDate

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Sat Mar 30 12:07:36 PST 1996

At  8:36 PM 3/28/96 +0100, JR at ns.cnb.uam.es wrote:
>        I may -or not- trust the people at unimi, but would I also trust
>a lot of intermediate people putting up together a CD-ROM? For that sake,
>and considering the costs of storage and removable storage media, I'd
>bet many people would find more useful to download their copies from
>the net (even once a year only) as I did.

If pieces of the source/executable are digitally signed, you have a basis
for some degree of trust.  (My pgp came with a detached signature.  A bit
self-referental, but at least a start.)

Regards - Bill

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA