Crypto CD

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Fri Mar 29 04:44:52 PST 1996

At 06:53 PM 3/27/96 -0800, Matthew Ghio wrote:
>alano at teleport.com (Alan Olsen) wrote:
>
>>It would be a nice thing to have if it is reletivly complete.  Hopefully it
>>can be created with a minimum of government interfearence.  (But then, I
>>have been xpecting alt.binaries.crypto to be created as well...)
>
>alt.binaries.warez.crypto has existed for a long time (at least on Netcom),
>although I haven't seen any posts lately.  I suspect many sites deliberately
>exclude alt.binaries.warez.* to save disk space.

I notice that Netcom takes *EVERYTHING*.  (Including the incredibly bogus
and silly groups.)  Teleport has never, to my knowledge, taken that group.

Teleport has since removed all of the remaining warez groups in an effort of
moral excess.  (After taking all of the groups in existance, including the
forign ones that nobody on Teleport reads, and claiming they did not censor
groups.)  Personally I could care less about the warez groups (it is not as
if you could ever find a complete program), but the crypto one would have
been nice to see...
---
Alan Olsen -- alano at teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon